ScreenBeam wireless display untethers teachers from the front of the room. Teachers are now free to move around the classroom and interact with their students while simultaneously sharing content to the classroom display or projector. This interactive learning environment increases classroom participation and student engagement, enabling teachers to work more closely with students.
It’s easy to supplement core curriculum with rich, engaging multimedia, learning apps, educational programming, and even specialized online materials. Wireless display technology brings a whole new level of interactivity and collaboration to today’s modern classroom. The future of classroom technology is wireless – giving teachers the freedom to design their classrooms and curriculum in a way that best serves students and their learning experiences.
With ScreenBeam Education Edition 2
- Teach from anywhere in the classroom
- Untether from the desk or whiteboard
- Interact with students and content
- Engage students 1:1 while others follow along
- Display any content, apps, videos, websites, and more
- Save network bandwidth, no Wi-Fi network required
- Save money, no cables to install
Education Edition 2 Receiver
Education Edition 2 Receiver with VGA Adapter
Compatible with Miracast Enabled Devices
Specifically Designed for Education
ScreenBeam Education Edition 2 offers best-in-class performance and reliability and is optimized for Education environments. Implementing wireless display in school environments can be tricky. ScreenBeam has specifically designed and verified our solutions to give IT departments the control and flexibility they need. ScreenBeam supports the configurations, security and access policies, deployment, and troubleshooting in congested RF environments that are critical to effective implementations. When coupled with the ScreenBeam Central Management System, IT departments easily manage mass deployments of ScreenBeam Education Edition 2 receivers distributed throughout multiple classrooms, buildings, and locations. ScreenBeam devices also include local management for smaller installations.
No Wi-Fi Network Required
ScreenBeam connects directly to computers, tablets, and mobile devices. Now you can move heavy video traffic off the school’s network, saving valuable bandwidth. The dedicated connection means you do not have to worry about crashing, lag times, and choppy or freezing video, which saves precious teaching time. ScreenBeam’s enterprise-class performance delivers professional display quality and very low latency.
With ScreenBeam wireless display, there are no cables to run behind walls which reduces infrastructure and labor costs. Wireless display also reduces the maintenance costs of replacing wires, broken pins and lost receivers.
Compatible with Your Modern Devices
ScreenBeam is optimized for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Android 4.2+ devices that support the Wi-Fi Miracast standard. For non-Miracast devices, Actiontec offers the ScreenBeam USB Transmitter and software for Windows 7/8 systems.
Industry Standard for Wireless Display
ScreenBeam solutions are used as the validation platform for wireless display functionality by companies like Microsoft, Intel, and leading PC OEM and device companies. Actiontec is Microsoft’s lead partner for wireless display and worked with Microsoft to develop wireless display capabilities in Windows 8.1 and 10 with Continuum. ScreenBeam is an official development partner for Windows 10 Continuum and is deployed in 1,600 Microsoft campus conference rooms.
Because of Actiontec’s deep roots as the industry leader, and our ongoing investment in supporting industry device manufacturers, you can be assured that you’re deploying the most broadly compatible, feature rich wireless display platform.
• H.264 compression
• Supports up to full 1080p30 resolution
• LPCM & AAC
• Supports 5.1 surround sound
• HDMI Type-A female connector
• VGA via adapter (included)
• 802.11 a/b/g/n Dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz
• WPA2, WPS virtual PBC, AES 128-bit
• HDCP 2.x for HDMI
HDMI-to-VGA Adapter (Model #YZ-050)
• Supports LPCM and compressed surround sound
• Supports VGA output: 480I/P, 576I/P, 720P, 1080I/P, 640×480, 800×600, 1024×768, 1280×720, 1280×768, 1280×800, 1280×960, 1360×768, 1366×768, and 1920×1080
• Does not support protected content playback
Minimum System Requirements
• Windows 8.1 or higher (with Miracast support)
• Wi-Fi Miracast capable smartphone, tablet, or laptop
• Compatible Windows laptop or PC with ScreenBeam USB Transmitter**
• Does not work with Apple products
• FCC, CE
• Localized to country of sale