Your phone is a technology powerhouse, full of photos, videos, games and apps. One feature that is becoming more common and sought after in new phones and TVs is the ability to screen mirror.
Screen mirroring is the act of broadcasting your phone screen onto your TV screen. This can be a great tool for business and educational uses as well as home entertainment. This article will cover how to mirror a phone to a TV.
How it Works
Android phones use a technology called Miracast to screen mirror. Miracast is a wireless display standard that acts as an HDMI cable without the hassle of cords. Many of today’s new Android smartphones (4.2+) and modern smart TVs have Miracast technology integrated into them already, making it easier than ever to mirror a phone to a TV.
Since screen mirroring is becoming more common, there are also ways to share your phone screen to an older HDTV that doesn’t boast an internet connection like smart TVs do. A wireless display adapter is an small device that plugs into your TV’s HDMI input and acts as a receiver that connects your phone to the TV. These adapters bring your HDTV new life and features, allowing you to screen mirror your devices.
Benefits of Wireless Screen Mirroring
- Eliminate the hassle and clutter of finding cables that match your different devices.
- Move around the room freely without the limitations of a cable.
- Easy, straight forward set up.
- Limitless content sharing, from photos to videos and games!
How to Mirror Phone to TV in 3 Easy Steps
- Plug your wireless display adapter into the HDMI port of your TV and into a power source, such as a wall outlet or power strip. Then change the input source on your TV.
- Turn on screen mirroring from display menu in the settings app on your smartphone.
- Select the adapter from the displayed device list and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the set-up process. For device specific set-up instructions, refer to your adapter’s user manual.
Note that the adapters and steps listed above do not apply to Apple devices.
Stay in the know.
Follow us on Facebook for industry news, sales, and promotions!